Wednesday 28 March 2018

LEARNING THROUGH PLAYING.

One of the characteristics of a good teacher is to understand his or her students.Without understanding your students you won't be able to provide what they want hence failing to help them achieve their goals.All parents and of course teachers understand that play is one of the primary needs of children!,sometimes even in class apart from listening to the teacher, students would prefer playing with objects on the floor(especially if the teacher is keeping them sitting down for long time without giving them chance to be active in class.


I remember when I was young back then,I use to hate when the teacher is coming in the class.The reason is because when the teacher was not there we use to play all kind of games in the class,but when the teacher was in the class the only thing we use to do was sitting down and listen to the teacher until he or she left. I remember telling myself over and over that, I wish the only thing we could do at school was only playing. I didn't know that i had a perfect idea,and I didn't know I could think the same until today,especially after doing some research to prove my thinking.

One of the effective ways to make our children understand what we want them to learn is through their playing.We dont need them to be serious but we want them to understand and live what we teach them.We just need to be creative!.If it is spelling teach them through playing,if is grammar teach them through playing,if is mathematics,teach them through playing. By doing so students will feel that you are part of them.This will make them love you so much, something which will make your relationship with them stable hence understand even more.

You can get respected from a person who loves you and not the person who afraid of you and want all the time to avoid you!.If we real want to be respected and listened by our students we don't need to hit them with sticks!. That will only make them  hate,afraid and avoid us. Children are always copying fro adults and we don't want them to copy the behaviour of hitting others with sticks.

LETS BLING REALISTIC TO OUR EDUCATION AS TEACHERS!!.


No comments:

Post a Comment

MY LIFE AS A TEACHER IN MAFIA(JOURNEY TO MAFIA CONT...)

One of District office at Kilindoni-Mafia. After long night Journey,then I was at the main town of Mafia which is Kilindoni.I wen...